What are the golden rules of communication?
- Project a professional demeanor at all times.
- A smile can be your best asset. Wear one every day.
- Be aware of your body language.
- Always remember that listening is the best relationship builder.
- Speak clearly and loudly enough for people to hear. Don’t mumble.
- Use correct English.
What are the ten steps of the consultation method?
- Show and Tell
How to deal with unhappy clients:
- Try to find out why the client is unhappy. Ask for specifics.
- If it is possible to change what the client dislikes, do so immediately. If not, look at your schedule book to see how soon you can fit them in to make the adjustment. You may need to enlist the help of the receptionist if you have to reschedule other appointments.
- If the problem cannot be fixed, honestly and tactfully explain why. The client may not be happy but will usually appreciate your honesty. Sometimes you can offer other options that minimize the client’s disappointment.
- Never argue with the client or try to force your opinion.
Things to remember when communicating with your coworkers.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Remain objective.
- Be honest and sensitive.
- Remain neutral.
- Avoid gossip.
- Seek help from someone you respect.
- Do not take things personally.
- Keep your private life private.